Make Photo Editing Easy!
3rd Sunday of [ Feb, April, June, Aug, Oct, Dec ]
4hrs | Pricing: $199
8 students max. - personal attention for all:
Class Outline: (not a complete list, but it gives you the idea)
Lightroom was first developed to be an organizational tool for photographers above all else, and boy does it do this well. Organization is Lightroom's least "sexy" feature and most people are not even considering this aspect of Lightroom when they decide to buy it. Their minds will soon change. Once you learn to use the full potential of the easy to use import, keywording, ranking and culling tools you will wonder how you ever enjoyed photography without it.
Installation & Setup
- IMPORTANT! everyone's computer systems are different. Due to our limited time we will not be diving into getting lightroom up and running on your computer NOR organizing files within your own computer's file system. If you need help with issues outside of Lightroom itself please call to see if we need to schedule a seperate class.
- Importing "best practices" (this can be a real time saver)
- Import setting strategies
- Image management
- Organization tools and techniques
- Culling practices and strategies
- Working with publishing plugins
- Image searches
- Batch editing
- Keywording tools and strategies
- Working with Meta-data best practices
PUBLISHING & EXPORT
So now you've been educated on how to manage your photos and make them look great. Next thing you probably want to do is share all this great photography with friends, family & whomever else will look.
This final portion of the workshop introduces you to Lightroom tools allowing you to easily and professionally publish your images. From producing better prints to sharing via email to automated online publishing in venues like Facebook, Flickr and Google+.
- automated batch export
- resizing, meta data, web upload, file types, etc
- using publising modules
Ever wonder how two photos of the exact same subject can look so different? Is one photographer that much better a photographer than another? Well, often yes this is the case, but not always! Sometimes they are just very skilled at their post production techniques.
This portion of our workshop will teach you how to make the very most of the photographs you take though the powerful development and enhancement processes provided in Lightroom.
Photo enhancement (global and local adjustments)
- Basic global tools
- using your histogram
- tonal tools
- working with color
- much more...
- Targeted local adjustment tools
- spot removal
- gradient tools
- paint brush tools
- Working with color
- hue, saturation and luminance
- black and white
- split toning
- Detail tools
- proper sharpening techniques
- noise reduction
- Camera and Lens management
- lens correction
- camera calibration