It's a whole new world up close...
Aug. 26th - 4hrs | Pricing: $249
8 students max.
- Dates: August 26th, 2017
- Location: Westminster Butterfly Pavilion (6252 W 104th Ave, Westminster, CO 80020)
- Time: 3pm - 7pm
Big Sun Photography is excited to start hosting macro / close-up photography workshops at the Westminster Butterfly Pavilion here in Colorado. Classes will be held approximately every 3 months. This is a truly unique opportunity not only to learn the basic skills needed for macro photography in the field, but to enjoy and photograph the stunning variety of insects and flora found at the Butterfly Pavilion. We have the "Rainforest Conservatory" privately reserved after hours just for our workshop. So lots of space and quiet for everyone to capture their photos. The Rainforest Conservatory houses over 1,600 live butterflies along with a wide variety of other fauna and flora.
- 2hrs classroom instruction
- 2hrs field instruction in the Rainforest Conservatory
- Understanding macro/close-up techniques
- Depth of field extremes
- Dealing with motion
- Macro lighting - field techniques
- Home made macro tools
- Macro equipment overviews
- Important Note: This class will focus on "field skills". It does not tackle complex lighting or advanced post production techniques specific to macro.
- This workshop assumes you have a working knowledge of your camera's functions and understand the basics of exposure and depth of field. This is the wrong workshop to learn basics for the first time.
- A macro lens AND/OR strong telephoto lens (200mm minimum).
Why learn macro? It is difficult these days to produce a truly unique image. It seems that anything and everything you capture with your camera has already been done a thousand times on photography websites worldwide. Enter the world of Macro Photography. Regardless of where you live there are thousands of amazing AND UNIQUE images to capture only yards from your door. It's an entirely new world when you're up close.
IMPORTANT!: An additional $11 entry fee is required by the Buttefly Pavilion upon entry.