Solar Eclipse Photo Workshop
A Once in a lifetime shot...
Date August 21st 2017 - 3-4 hrs | Pricing: $250
8 students max.
- Dates: 8/21/17
- Location: TBA (meetup will be in Golden. Shoot location will be within an hour drive).
- Time: TBA
On August 21, 2017, there will be a total solar eclipse visible over the U.S., from Oregon to South Carolina. This will be the first such eclipse over the continental U.S. since 1979. If you want to get out and photograph this very rare event, you'll need to be prepared. You will have a relatviely short time to capture images of the eclipse in very tricky lighting during its maximum coverage.
- Viewing glasses are required and will be provided as part of the workshop.
- An eclipse filter will also be required for your camera. This filter must be purchased seperatetly prior to the workshop.
- From our location in the Denver CO area we will not get the full 100% eclipse, but approx. 92% coverage.
- The eclipse will begin at 10:23am and ends at 1:14pm with maximum coverage at 11:47am.
- To create truly interesting images of the eclipse requires significant post production work. Notes will be provided to all workshop participants; however, for many people these skills are best learned through an instructor. A seperate Photoshop class will be offered following the eclipse.
- Very steady tripod. The heavier the better, especially if there is wind that day.
- IF you have 2 cameras and 2 tripods, bring them both for a better chance at success by shooting seperate settings simultaneously.
Prerequisite skills and equipment: